Chef & Bar Manager
** Chef & Bar Manager **
Position: Full time. The positions are offered to female and male or a couple.
Location: Drop Off Bar – Madarao Mountain Resort, Nagano Prefecture, Japan
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Chef / Bar Manager is responsible for maintaining the smooth operation of the bar restaurant and complex. To provide leadership to staff, maintain facilities and provide a level of hospitality which meet the companies and exceeds guest expectations.
Relationships: Reports to the General Manager (Owner) works closely with GM and operations team and staff.
Authority Level: This position has purchasing authority to order Food and Beverage supplies to restock the bar
- Provide a welcoming bar restaurant environment for our customers with high standards of service, meals and housekeeping which meet and exceed the companies and guests expectations.
- Maintain the smooth operation of the restaurant bookings, its facilities, infrastructure, services and functions.
- Manage all staff reporting to the position so as to effectively assist, train, develop, motivate and monitor their activities.
- Maintain a safe, harmonious, enjoyable work place environment for all staff and guests.
- To lead by example in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Work closely with the GM and staff to create a strong and enthusiatic team
- Communicate and report to senior management on a regular basis in line with company requirements.
- Gain a clear understanding of the manager’s duties and ensure that these are carried out to or above company standards.
- Above all – honesty and integrity is paramount
- Quality culinary skills
- Customer Service Skills
- An enjoyment of dealing with customers, being friendly, helpful and providing an excellent level of service to customers
- A complete understanding of POS system and typical accounts and bookkeeping
People Management: Can motivate, train, direct and work alongside staff to achieve required goals
Communication Skills: Can assess if a staff member or customer does not understand an instruction, policy or requirement, and can explain to them in different ways, to make sure they understand.
Team Player: Will help out and do other duties if required, not afraid to get their hands dirty and will go the extra mile.
Decision-making skills: Must be able to think on your feet and adapt to changing conditions.
Technical Skills: Must be able to pick up practical skills easily and become proficient in using them.
Problem Solving: Can assess operational issues and take the best course of action to get them resolved.
- Staff management experience
- Hospitality experience
- Experience working in mountain resort areas or locations would be an advantage
- Computer skills are definitely desirable
- Have a good understand of POS system, standard accounts and bookkeeping
- All qualifications, certificates or references of abilities
- English is a must. Some Japanese – Chinese language skills would be a huge bonus, but not totally necessary
Position offered to:
- Single person or couple
- Dependant on Qualifications and experience, and will be discussed at time of interview.
This job includes:
- Madarao lift pass
We can help you with:
- Staff accommodation, rent of equipment if needed & visa
English is our main language, however, Japanese would definitely be an advantage.