Kids Club Instructors
** Children’s Ski & SB Instructors for “Kids Club” program **
Position: Full time and possible Part-time available if requested. Positions are offered to female and male instructors, however, we do strongly encourage females to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teaching and taking care of Kids Club group and private lessons.
- Teach skiing and snowboarding to children & adults at various levels showing them the best snow holiday experience ever, so that they will want to come back time and time again.
- Conduct lessons according to the standards set out by your respective alliance and Action Snow Sports International Ski School.
- Full day kids club includes lunch for the kids and supervision by their instructor. All instructors will be paid a lunch supervision rate which is the same rate for all instructors no matter what certification level they may be.
- Be aware of timing needed for lifts and teaching terrain so instructors are prompt for line-ups and other lessons.
- Ensure that your personal schedule and availability is accurate; communicate absences and lateness as soon as possible.
- Get to know & understand the programs Action Snow Sports International Ski School offer and carry prices and maps to share with guests.
- Be familiar with the safe use and instruction of the resorts chairlifts and magic carpets.
- Ensure students’ equipment is adequate, safe and comfortable.
- Know the safety procedures for missing or injured students and guests.
- Use proper radio etiquette when issued a portable radio.
- Conclude each lesson by thanking the child & parent and giving them an encouraging lesson round-up of their improvement, explain and show them appropriate terrain to pursue, and expect return business by creating an exciting and memorable lesson.
- Know and adhere to the 10 Alpine Responsibility Code rules. Teach them to students during lessons.
- Be punctual, responsible and well-groomed at all times and being prepared to go the extra mile.
- Attend training clinics to enhance and improve your riding and teaching ability.
- Be prepared to assist other departments as needed.
- Can assess if a customer or staff member does not understand an instruction, policy or requirement and can explain this to them in different ways to make sure they understand.
- Assist Ski School Director, Supervisors and Team Leaders as required.
- Be a team player, help out and do other duties if required, don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty and be prepared go the extra mile.
English is a must. Some Japanese – Chinese language skills would be a huge bonus, but not totally necessary
This job includes:
- All mountain lift pass
- Great working conditions
- Pay rate based on certification level and experience.
- 50% Meal discount vouchers at Shirakaba and Heidi mountain restaurants
- Staff discounts at the Drop Off Bar and many other perks
- We can help you with:
- Affordable twin shared staff accommodate