Lodge Manager / Chef/Cook
** Lodge Manager & Chef **
Position: Full time. The positions are offered to female and male or a couple.
Location: Alpha Lodge – Madarao Mountain Resort, Nagano Prefecture, Japan
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Lodge Manager is responsible for maintaining the smooth operation of the Lodge complex. To provide leadership to staff, maintain lodge facilities and provide a level of hospitality which meet the company’s and exceeds guest expectations.
Relationships: Reports to the General Manager (Owner) works closely to GM and operations team.
Authority Level: This position has purchasing authority to order Food and Beverage and linen supplies to operate the Lodge in a smooth and professional manner
- Provide a welcoming lodge environment for our customers with high standards of service, meals and housekeeping which meet and exceed the company’s and guests expectations.
- Maintain the smooth operation of the Lodge bookings, its facilities, infrastructure, services and functions.
- Manage all staff reporting to the position so as to effectively assist, train, develop, motivate and monitor their activities.
- Maintain a safe, harmonious, enjoyable work place environment for staff.
- To lead by example in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Work closely with the GM to create a strong management and lodge team
- Communicate and report to senior management on a regular basis in line with company requirements.
- Gain a clear understanding of the manager’s duties and ensure that these are carried out to or above company standards.
Skills required: Customer Service Skills: An enjoyment of dealing with customers, being friendly, helpful and providing an excellent level of service to customers
People Management: Can motivate, train, direct and work alongside staff to achieve required goals
Communication Skills: Can assess if a staff member or customer does not understand an instruction, policy or requirement, and can explain to them in different ways, to make sure they understand.
Team Player: Will help out and do other duties if required, not afraid to get their hands dirty and will go the extra mile.
Decision-making skills: Must be able to think on your feet and adapt to changing conditions.
Technical Skills: Must be able to pick up practical skills easily and become proficient in using them.
Problem Solving: Can assess operational issues and take the best course of action to get them resolved.
- Staff management experience
- Hospitality experience
- Experience working in mountain resort areas or locations would be an advantage
- Computer skills are definitely desirable
All qualifications, certificates or references of abilities
Honesty and Integrity
English is a must. Some Japanese – Chinese language skills would be a huge bonus, but not totally necessary
Position offered to:
Single person or couple
Salary: Dependant on Qualifications and experience, and will be discussed at time of interview.
This job includes: Affordable Accommodation
We can help you with: Lift pass, rent of equipment & visa
English is our main language, however, Japanese would definitely be an advantage. The Kitchen will serve breakfast each morning. Dinner will be served approximately 3 nights a week. There is a possibility that we may open as a restaurant, however final decision has not been decided upon as yet