Chef & Bar Manager
** Chef & Bar Manager **
Position: Full time. The positions are offered to female and male or a couple.
Location: Drop Off Bar – Madarao Mountain Resort, Nagano Prefecture, Japan
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Chef / Bar Manager is responsible for maintaining the smooth operation of the bar restaurant and complex. To provide leadership to staff, maintain facilities and provide a level of hospitality which meet the companies and exceeds guest expectations.
Reports to the General Manager (Owner) works closely with GM and operations team and staff.
This position has purchasing authority to order Food and Beverage supplies to restock the bar
- Provide a welcoming bar restaurant environment for our customers with high standards of service, meals and housekeeping which meet and exceed the companies and guests expectations.
- Maintain the smooth operation of the restaurant bookings, its facilities, infrastructure, services and functions.
- Manage all staff reporting to the position so as to effectively assist, train, develop, motivate and monitor their activities.
- Maintain a safe, harmonious, enjoyable work place environment for all staff and guests.
- To lead by example in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Work closely with the GM and staff to create a strong and enthusiatic team
- Communicate and report to senior management on a regular basis in line with company requirements.
- Gain a clear understanding of the manager’s duties and ensure that these are carried out to or above company standards.
- Above all – honesty and integrity is paramount
- Quality culinary skills
- Customer Service Skills
- An enjoyment of dealing with customers, being friendly, helpful and providing an excellent level of service to customers
- A complete understanding of POS system and typical accounts and bookkeeping
Can motivate, train, direct and work alongside staff to achieve required goals
Can assess if a staff member or customer does not understand an instruction, policy or requirement, and can explain to them in different ways, to make sure they understand.
Will help out and do other duties if required, not afraid to get their hands dirty and will go the extra mile.
Must be able to think on your feet and adapt to changing conditions.
Must be able to pick up practical skills easily and become proficient in using them.
Can assess operational issues and take the best course of action to get them resolved.
- Staff management experience
- Hospitality experience
- Experience working in mountain resort areas or locations would be an advantage
- Computer skills are definitely desirable
- Have a good understand of POS system, standard accounts and bookkeeping
- All qualifications, certificates or references of abilities
- English is a must. Some Japanese – Chinese language skills would be a huge bonus, but not totally necessary
Position offered to:
- Single person or couple
- Dependant on Qualifications and experience, and will be discussed at time of interview.
This job includes:
- Madarao lift pass
We can help you with:
- Staff accommodation, rent of equipment if needed & visa
English is our main language, however, Japanese would definitely be an advantage.