Lodge Manager / Chef/Cook
** Lodge Manager & Chef **
Position: Full time. The positions are offered to female and male or a couple.
Location: Alpha Lodge – Madarao Mountain Resort, Nagano Prefecture, Japan
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Lodge Manager is responsible for maintaining the smooth operation of the Lodge complex. To provide leadership to staff, maintain lodge facilities and provide a level of hospitality which meet the company’s and exceeds guest expectations.
Reports to the General Manager (Owner) works closely to GM and operations team.
This position has purchasing authority to order Food and Beverage and linen supplies to operate the Lodge in a smooth and professional manner
- Provide a welcoming lodge environment for our customers with high standards of service, meals and housekeeping which meet and exceed the company’s and guests expectations.
- Maintain the smooth operation of the Lodge bookings, its facilities, infrastructure, services and functions.
- Manage all staff reporting to the position so as to effectively assist, train, develop, motivate and monitor their activities.
- Maintain a safe, harmonious, enjoyable work place environment for staff.
- To lead by example in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Work closely with the GM to create a strong management and lodge team
- Communicate and report to senior management on a regular basis in line with company requirements.
- Gain a clear understanding of the manager’s duties and ensure that these are carried out to or above company standards.
Customer Service Skills: An enjoyment of dealing with customers, being friendly, helpful and providing an excellent level of service to customers
Can motivate, train, direct and work alongside staff to achieve required goals
Can assess if a staff member or customer does not understand an instruction, policy or requirement, and can explain to them in different ways, to make sure they understand.
Will help out and do other duties if required, not afraid to get their hands dirty and will go the extra mile.
Must be able to think on your feet and adapt to changing conditions.
Must be able to pick up practical skills easily and become proficient in using them.
Can assess operational issues and take the best course of action to get them resolved.
- Staff management experience
- Hospitality experience
- Experience working in mountain resort areas or locations would be an advantage
- Computer skills are definitely desirable
All qualifications, certificates or references of abilities
Honesty and Integrity
English is a must. Some Japanese – Chinese language skills would be a huge bonus, but not totally necessary
Position offered to:
Single person or couple
Dependant on Qualifications and experience, and will be discussed at time of interview.
This job includes:
We can help you with:
Lift pass, rent of equipment & visa
English is our main language, however, Japanese would definitely be an advantage. The Kitchen will serve breakfast each morning. Dinner will be served approximately 3 nights a week. There is a possibility that we may open as a restaurant, however final decision has not been decided upon as yet