** Lodge Assistant **
Position: Full time winter season. The positions are offered to female and male or a couple.
Location: Alpha Lodge – Madarao Mountain Resort, Nagano Prefecture, Japan
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Lodge assistant is responsible for maintaining the smooth operation of the Lodge under direction of the lodge manager.
- To help maintain lodge facilities and provide a level of hospitality to our guests which meet the company and exceeds guest expectations.
- Daily snow clearing
- Daily rubbish sorting and weekly rubbish delivery to Madarao rubbish centre
Relationships: Reports to the Lodge Manager. Key achievements:
- Works closely with management and all staff to create a strong and effective team.
- Help to provide a welcoming lodge environment for our guests with high standards of service.
- Help out with kitchen duties, meals and housekeeping which meet and exceed the company and guests experience and expectations.
- Help maintain smooth operation of the Lodge facilities, infrastructure, services and functions.
- Help maintain a safe, harmonious, enjoyable work place environment for all staff.
- Show a positive and enthusiastic manner at all times.
- Communicate and report to management on a regular basis in line with company requirements.
- Gain a clear understanding of duties required and ensure that these are carried out in a safe and practical manner to or above company standards.
Skills required: Customer Service Skills: An enjoyment of dealing with customers, being friendly, helpful and providing an excellent level of service to customers
Communication Skills: Can assess if a staff member or customer does not understand an instruction, policy or requirement, and can explain to them in different ways, to make sure they understand.
Team Player: Will help out and do other duties if required, not afraid to get their hands dirty and will go the extra mile.
Decision-making skills: Must be able to think on your feet and adapt to changing conditions.
Technical Skills: Must be able to pick up practical skills easily and become proficient in using them.
Problem Solving: Can assess operational issues and take the best course of action to get them resolved.
- Hospitality experience
- Experience working in mountain resort areas or locations would be an advantage
- Computer skills are definitely desirable
All qualifications, certificates or references of abilities
Honesty and Integrity
English is a must. Some Japanese – Chinese language skills would be a huge bonus, but not totally necessary
Position offered to:
Single person or couple
Salary: Dependant on Qualifications and experience, and will be discussed at time of interview.
This job includes: Affordable Accommodation
We can help you with: Lift pass, rent of equipment & visa